Why do you need a glute workout? Why does someone go searching the internet for glute workouts?
The obvious reason is that you want a workout for your butt. The second reason may be just to check out other people’s hot butts.
However, I’m assuming you’re here for the first reason. If so, read on.
The Top 3 Reasons Why You Want A Butt Workout:
3. You have a saggy butt, or a flat butt and want nice round glutes.
2. You want strong glutes and want to know what the best butt firming exercises are to get them.
1. You want a hot, shapely butt that turns heads.
I’d say those are some pretty good reasons, wouldn't you?
The one thing you need to know about a great gluteus maximus is that if you want a great butt, you need to put some muscle on it. It’s the muscle that’ll give you that perfect butt you want. Sure, you'll definitely need to lose fat to achieve the ultimate glutes, but it’s muscle that’ll really turn you’re a$$ from "so-so" or "yuck!" to firm and "jaw dropping!"
First let’s have a look at the muscles of the butt.
Glute Anatomy 101
Exercises: The Best Glute Workout Exercises:
1. Squats: This exercise is responsible for more beautiful butts than all other exercises combined.
3. Stiff Leg Deadlifts
4. Hyperextensions Exercise Execution:
1. Squat: With a bar across your upper back or dumbbells at your sides, squat down, keeping you feet flat on the ground until your thighs are just above parallel. Return to the upright position. *Be sure that your head and eyes are up at all times. This will prevent you from rounding your back. Keep your body tight and pretend that you are sitting back onto a chair to maintain your balance.
2. Hyperextensions: Lay face down and perpendicular in a hyperextension bench. Place your hands beside your ears or behind your head. Raise your upper body up to parallel. Lower back down to the starting position.
3. Lunges: With a bar across your upper back, or dumbbells at your sides, step forward a regular walking step and kneel down until just before your knee touches the ground. Your leg will make an approximate 90 degree angle. Push yourself back up into the starting position. Repeat with your other leg. *Be sure that your head and eyes are up at all times. This will prevent you from rounding your back.
4. Stiff Leg Deadlift: Standing in front of a barbell, grasp it about shoulder width. dumbbells can also be used. With knees slightly bent, head and eyes up, lower to your shins. Return to starting position. *Keep your entire body tight during this movement. Do no go so far that you round your back, as this puts your back in a weak position and will lead to injury. And always remember to keep your knees slightly bent during the whole movement.
GLUTE WORKOUT: The Super Butt Workout Circuit
1. Squats 2. Lunges 3. Stiff Leg Deadlift 4. Hyperextensions
Add a fat burning workout plan to this glute workout and I guarantee you'll soon be the envy of all your friends and be getting much more than your fair share of attention from the opposite sex.
The above butt firming exercises are done in a circuit, one after the other: Squats, Stiff Leg Deadlift, Lunges, Hyperextensions. Repeat in order for a total of 3 circuits. Choose a weight that you can perform 12-20 reps with for each exercise. Rest 30-60 seconds between exercises.
Some people just can't do squats. If you can't do them because of back or knee problems, just take it out of the circuit and perform it with only the other 3 exercises. You'll still get a awesome butt.
You can use dumbbells, barbells or resistance bands for Squats, Stiff Leg Deadlifts and Lunges.
Training Days: One day on. Two days off. Repeat.
A great glute workout, as you know, is only part of the “Great Butt” equation. The other part is obviously your diet. I never diet and yet I can stay lean all year round without hardly any effort. It’s really very easy. Much easier than working out, hands down. You just have to know the basic principles.
The exercises outlined above are THE BEST glute exercises there are. Of course you can do others, like leg lifts, adductors, abductors, donkey kicks, etc, but none are as efficient or effective as the four butt exercises listed above.
To put it bluntly, if you do these exercises, even just one or two of them, YOU WILL get a better, more shapely butt, guaranteed. Say Goodbye saggy butt, and say Hello to your Great New Glutes!
If you want a fat loss program that lays out for you a complete, step by step, nutrition, supplement, workout and motivational plan, then you owe it to yourself to click the link below:
This is not your run of the mill fat loss program. I created this exercise plan so that anyone could lose incredible amounts of fat and lose it super fast. To burn fat like it’s melting off your body, that’s what I’m talking about.
*If you have any questions about this Glute Workout page, please feel free to contact me and I'll be glad to answer your questions.